in october last year, i started my story of the vacheron 6782 :
it was sent to the VC spa after a day of ownership with the mission of "contemporarise" it so that it will realise its potential of a true modern classic status it deserves. an estimate of 53-55 weeks of spa service was quoted by VC geneva from mid nov 2009 after appraisal, so the expected date would coincide as a christmas present for myself.
the wait was so ardous and unbearable that the only way to soothe the pain was to forget that i even bought the watch.
a ring from the service centre today earmarked my lucky day as christmas comes early.
before showing the finished watch, let me share what i wanted VC to do and not to :
- keep my original dial
- keep my bezel, though not correct as it should be red-enamelled for the numerals on the bezel as i prefer the stealthier look
- change the hands which was peeled
- change the crown as it was tarnished
- change the leather to the size and colour to the same as my VC 1755
- change the buckle to the same.
- change the lug pins to curve ones
- complete service of the movement to rejuvenate life
so here u are, my interpretation of a classic reborn, still valid after years of birth :
on the wrist of the totally satisifed owner :