Now that summer draws to an end and vacations are no longer than a fading memory (amazing how fast you loose your sun tan once you’re back at the office!!) what better way to cheer up than by winning a Chronometre Royal lithography?
To celebrate the arrival of the Chronometre Royal 1907 answer the questions below. All the answers can be found on the forum but you’ll need to search well
The person having correctly answered the 7 questions below wins, in the event there is more than 1 person having correctly answered, the person having also correctly answered the subsidiary question wins. In the event more than one person has correctly answered everything the name of the winner shall be randomly drawn.
Please do not post your answers online but email them to me along with your screen name. No more answers will be accepted after Sept 13 midnight Geneva time and the name of the winner will be announced on Sept 14.
1) When was the name Royal Chronometer trademarked ?
2) To which country were the first Chronometre Royal pocket watches delivered to?
3) When was the 1st Chronometre Royal wrist watch launched?
4) Which was VC’s 1st automatic movement with COSC certification?
5) What is the metal base of the enamel dial of the Chronometre Royal 1907 made of?
6) For how many days does VC test the Chronometre Royal 1907 after it returns from COSC?
7) Name 3 vintage (pre 1970) and 3 modern (post 1970) VC chronometer movements.
Subsidiary question: did VC ever use a quartz chronometer movement?