Just picked up the new boutique edition patrimony perpetual retrograde... limited to 25 pieces. I was surprised to get a call and have the opportunity to purchase this beauty... it has many of the features I was looking for in a perpetual:
1. no moon phase... sorry i just don't find this feature useful in anyway... I guess I'm not a werewolf. haha
2. day and month in a box... i like it over the use of pointers
3. retrograde date... well it wasn't necessary but it's a nice feature nonetheless
But it's not perfect... if only...
1. had a seconds hand
2. sapphire case back... love to see the movement (although VC makes up for it with an exceptionally cool engraving of I think the Tour d'ile
2a. I go back and forth on whether I'd prefer handwound or automatic... typically i'm a handwound guy but see issue 3 (if it had a winder, I'd be more cool with the fact it's an automatic)
3. oh... it doesn't come w/ a winder box... which I was very surprised to find out
4. the deployment buckle requires you to unscrew a small screw to resize the strap... i prefer pp, als deployments... still it is well constructed and solid
5. it's not uniquely numbered but it makes up for it by not writing limited edition anywhere...
Anyways, I will try to post some pics but it looks like I'll need to host them somewhere vs. attaching them directly.