I've spent the last 6 moths reading magazines and websites, visiting shops and asking to friends, but I cannot make my choice!
First something about me:
- very small wrist measuring 160 mm / 6,3"
- young, in my thirties and it's gonna be the gift for an important celebration
- I dress formal for work, but I want a watch that can be wore also with jeans and a polo
- my everyday watch is a trustful Rolex datejust in iron, blue dial without numbers, that I also use for sport, swimming and (sic) sauna
My budget is max USD 20'000
I'm not a collector, yet and I consider this purchase as an investment, not to make money out of it, but in the sense that I want to keep it for many many years to come and leave it to my child
I want to wear it on a regular basis, mostly on weekdays for office and restaurants
I want it in white gold to be understated and young (even if I like rose gold a lot)
I prefer automatic and date on a practical point of view, but I don't mind it to be manual (actually I find exciting handwinding it...)
After a lot of reading (thanks Alex and the other loungers!), I'm considering these options from the Patrimony collection all in white gold, white dial, black strap:
1. contemporaine manual: + amazing minimal design, thin and light to wear - but what about my small wrist? if it was 38 mm it would have been perfect, but 40" looks a bit too big for my small wrist... caliber is very small and cannot be seen from its back, only 40 hours of reserve, no seconds and date (but more beautiful because of it), I would have preferred a white dial instead of the yellow champagne one, it looks fragile, will I forget to handwind it everyday?
2. contemporaine automatique with date: same as manual + auto, date - even bigger than the manual (same diameter, but much thougher), more expensive
3. traditionelle manual: + great balance on the dial (contrary to the automatic, which look a bit uncomplete), amazing 4400 caliber! (a pleasure to handwind it), - less original design compared to the contemporaine, but looks more robust and better movement
4. traditionelle automatique: same as the manual + practical, - less balanced than the manual, but perhaps younger
5. ultrathin grande taille: + timeless, light, good size for my wrist - oldish, not for everyday, fragile, it reminds me a Piaget
I've worn all of them excepting the traditionelle manual, which has not been delivered to the boutique, yet
Can you help me to make a choice considering my small wrist and age?
Thank you for your precious help!