Help please

I recently obtained a beautiful VC timepiece when my grandfather passed away.  It is broken, however.  He was losing his sight in his age, and somehow managed to run it over in his car.  I dont know how old the piece is, but I was hoping someone on this site might be able to help me identify the style of the piece, and its worth.  I actually have a pretty limited income, so I just want to know if I should spend the money to fix it and keep it in the family, or if i should sell it.  If so, I also don't want to get ripped off.

(Forgive me if I don't use proper terms)
The glass on the face is broken.
The rear cover is missing.
Some of the gold on the housing is scratched
All the gears seem to function when winding.

On the back of the watch it has the number 815018  followed by P30080

I will also post a picture of it if someone will explain to me how to do so.
to post a scan click on the mountain/sun icon to the left of
05/06/2010 - 00:52
the smiley.
Re: to post a scan click on the mountain/sun icon to the left of
05/06/2010 - 09:27
This might be a stupid question, but what smiley?  I cant find a smiley or a sun/mountain icon
how to post a scan
05/06/2010 - 11:43
Re: how to post a scan
05/06/2010 - 19:12
Sorry about your grandpa but he
05/06/2010 - 19:17
had bought a fake watch
thank you
05/06/2010 - 19:25
That is ok, I was honestly surprised that he would have bought a real one for himself. He was well off, but didnt usually make purchases that grand (for himself, at least).  If he bought it, Im sure he knew it was fake. Thank you for all your help.
Apparently many relatives buy fakes... :-) nt
05/06/2010 - 19:49