Just returned from enjoying the fresh snow in the mountains
This more-or-less annual interview with the Heritage Department is very welcome Alex. I recall we received advance notice of the Extract from the Archives through an earlier Q&A and now I'm very familiar with Julien's signature
I'd like to support the questions asked so far and add just a few. The Lounge is such an excellent venue to ask questions of the Heritage Department as they arise, so some have been previously submitted, but please permit me to repeat them.
- can photocopies of the actual ledger entries be made to accompany the Extract or Certificate of Authenticity?
- are there plans to create an internet-based Virtual Museum of all pieces within the VC Heritage collection? Most important that movement pictures be included. As already mentioned, the example of photo references, as published in The World of Vacheron Constantin, provide a valuable resource, but alas they are mostly lacking movement pictures and frustratingly concludes with 1938.
- I am fascinated by the Henry Graves, Jr. story and wonder if his letters to V&C may be made available for us to see?
- is there a schedule to complete the online publication of The Saga of Vacheron Constantin in The Hour Club?
- can we have an explanation of the various abbreviations that are used to describe vintage watch calibers, such as "RA 19" 194 ART" or "20/22" 2-PRC" ? I'm aware of some, but is there a complete reference available?
- this idea was floated before, but will there be any consideration for appointing or electing annually a Vintage Ambassador or Docent, perhaps to coincide with attendance at SIHH, which will allow a forum member nominated by fellow Loungers to research a forum-selected topic with assistance of the Heritage Department, and present their results in the forum?
Thanks again Alex for taking the time to connect us with the Heritage Department.