tracing model and movement numbers

I have a mechanical 18k gent's strap watch model 525 833 manufactured 1978.

Q.    How can I find out information on the model and movement?

The watch is currently in Switzerland for an estimate on an overhaul for the 1st time.

Q.    What is involved in such an overhaul?

do you have a reference number? the numbers you give seem too long for
06/22/2007 - 01:10

a  ref n°, do you have scans of the watch?

If you don't have any of these what you can do is ask VC to supply them as the watch is in Switzerland being overhauled.

I recently had a watch serviced and it included change in certain components and oils and verification of the general functionning of the watch. The watch came back as new

Re: tracing model and movement numbers
06/22/2007 - 02:55

You could try searching the Antiquorum hp.  They have much info on many older VC pieces.  Good luck.

Hi and welcome. To be able to have some kind of information we would
06/22/2007 - 17:28

need at least a reference number or a scan. Since the watch is being overhauled by VC I suggest you ask them the ref number of the watch and the caliber and we'll try to give more info once we have these elements.

An overhaul in general implies replacing of defectuous parts, reloiling, regulatin and globally making your watch look like new :-)