I'm new to THL and am here for some expert advice...
I've been looking for a pre-owned VC triple date moonphase for some time and have been torn between the 37150 (manual) and 47050 (automatic). I have a few questions, and would be immensely grateful for your thoughts:
1. I presume that the 37150 (which houses an 1150 calibre with sub seconds at 6) has non-hacking seconds. Is that correct?
2. I've read that only 400 examples of the 37150 were made, all in YG. Any idea if this is true? And the years of production?
3. Was the 47050 only made in YG and PL, or also in RG?
4. Any idea how many 47050s were made? And when?
5. I've found two variants of the 47050: one with a plain dial and '12' at 12 o'clock above a small Maltese cross; the other with a textured dial and no '12', just a Maltese cross in its place. See images below. Any idea about the relative value/scarcity of the two?
6. And finally, a more subjective question: but given the choice, which would you buy: a 37150 or a 47050, and why? I'm buying for a lifetime of reasonably frequent wear and not particularly as an investment.
I'd really appreciate any help you can give me. There isn't a huge amount of information out there!